Take a group tour!
Research studies condcuted by the Union of Concerned Scientists, DePaul University, and MJ Bradley & Associates all confirm what the American Bus Association has been saying all along: motorcoaches are the greenest way to travel by virtue of drastically lower carbon emissions compared to airlines, trains, and personal automobile. In other words, motorcoaches are the most fuel-efficient and least energy intensive mode of commercial passenger transportation.
I won’t bore you with the statistics, but if you want details, the data is listed at the bottom of this message.
And going green isn’t the only benefit of traveling together:
motorcoach travel provides safety, comfort and convenience in a spacious environment featuring roomy seats, ample leg room, video monitors and onboard lavatory.
- travel with people who have similar interests
- learn about places & cultures
- enjoy the cost-savings of group travel
- minimize uncertainty, and enjoy the pampering of a hosted vacation
Motorcoaches are part of America’s energy solution. Join us in reducing your carbon imprint and enjoy a memorable and deeply refreshing trip. Take a group tour this year.
Need destination ideas? We have hundreds of suggestions: www.shebbyleetours.com/tour-schedule
- Motorcoaches = 184 passenger mpg
- Single-occupant automobiles = 28 passenger mpg
- Carbon dioxide emissions are reduced by an average of 85% per passenger mile for every person who chooses motorcoach travel over driving alone
Shebby Lee is a historian, writer and tour operator specializing in the historic and cultural heritage of the Great American West. Her early training was in the theatre and she served a tour of duty as an entertainer with the USO. She is also an Admiral in the Nebraska Navy.