See a video of this amazing event.
Sept. 24-29, 2014
Feel the thunder of pre-historic beasts as they rumble by during this fall tradition in South Dakota’s beautiful Black Hills. In addition to the Roundup and arts festival, this six day hub-and-spoke itinerary offers customary Indian Summer weather, scenic mountains and popular attractions including Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Badlands National Park, Wall Drug, the 1880 train, and historic Deadwood.
Included in fees: 5 nights’ lodging, 5 breakfasts, 3 evening meals, deluxe motorcoach & driver, professional tour director, admission fees & park entrance fees as noted, group photo, baggage handling, airport transfers.
Airfare not included. 2012 passenger comments
2014: $1005 (Double) | $ 1280 (Single)
· Day 1 – Arrivals–Rapid City Regional Airport. Passengers are met and transported to our Rapid City hotel. A festive welcome dinner will cap our day. (D)
· Day 2 – Badlands National Park, adjacent to the beautiful Black Hills, is our destination today. We’ll spend the entire day exploring and picture-taking in this incredible area and visit world-famous Wall Drug. (B,D)
· Day 3 – We’ll be up bright and early this morning to take in the exciting annual Custer State Park Buffalo Roundup. Park personnel, cowboys and cowgirls will do their best to drive the Park’s herd into the Buffalo Corrals – passing two designated – but safe – viewing areas along the way. This afternoon round out the day with train ride on the historic 1880 Steam Train. (B)
· Day 4 – Today we’ll visit Crazy Horse Memorial, a work-in-progress dedicated to Native Americans. We’ll visit Mount Rushmore, the Shrine to Democracy, and visit the Buffalo Roundup Arts Festival, named one of ABA’s Top 100 Events in North America . (B, D)
· Day 5 - Our destination today is historic Deadwood, the setting for the last great gold rush in America. We’ll tour historic Boot Hill where the legends now rest and visit Tatanka: Story of the Bison, a larger-than-life bronze sculpture featuring 14 bison being pursued by 3 Native American riders. An Interpretive Center examines the story of bison at the height of the Buffalo Culture around the year 1840. Tonight we’ll celebrate with a festive Farewell Dinner. (B, D)
· Day 6 – Departures–Rapid City Regional Airport. Transportation is provided to the airport for morning flights. (B)
NOTE: Times and order of events are subject to change.